Monday, July 7, 2008

Baby Update

Last Thursday I was experiencing contraction like pains. They came and went and weren't too strong so I wasn't sure. I had them for about 1-2 hours. Today, I went to the doctor and she asked me if I was having contractions so I told her about the other night. She then checked my cervix and said, "You'll be happy to hear this." She said I was dilated to 2 cm and about 40% effaced. She said those were definitely contractions. Peyton had also descended into my pelvis about 2 weeks ago so she is ready to go. My doctor also said that I am far enough long that she won't stop my contractions if I go into labor. I'm getting excited and nervous that it could be any day now. It also could mean nothing and I will carry this baby to term, but always nice to hear something is going on.

No comments: